In a quandary- Suggest optimal setup.
Hello, I have enlisted equipment:-
Amplifier 1- Genesis Profile 2 Ultra-150*2@4 ohms and 470 bridged.
Amplifier 2- HK CA470-4 x 85@4 Ohms and 2 x 270w@4 Ohms bridged.
Which option will be best out of these?
Passive set up:-
1) Run CA470 in bridged mode for Dyns(270w each) and Profile 2 ultra bridged for sub(470w).
2) Run Profile ultra with Dyns(150w each) and CA470's two channels bridged for sub(270w).
Active Set up:-
1) Run tweeters and Mids with CA470, each speaker sees 85w RMS(Tweeters are 8 ohms).Profile 2 ultra bridged for sub(470w).
2) Tweeters(42w each) on 2 channels of CA470, Profile 2ultra for mid bass(150w each) and sub on bridged channels of CA470(270w).
3) Add a small tweeter amp, Mid bass on bridged CA470(270w each) and Profile 2 ultra bridged for sub(470w).
Car is a daily runner, SQ is priority over loudness, age has caught up.
Read responses in diymobileaudio.com