A couple questions for fixing up my truck - 61 Apache
So I was recently going to sell my truck and buy a 2013 Ram 2500 so I would have something reliable for my job. Well, that hope ended when the insurance company told me my insurance would be $400 a month...that's what my car payment would be. So here I am fixing up my truck instead of buying a new one. It will be cheaper in the long run anyway!
1. What do the four hearer knobs mean? Obviously, the fan knob means the blower motor. The def one is defrost...but what does the second one from the left and the third from the left do? The second one from the left broke off so no idea about that one.
2. Will a factory reproduction choke cable work with my 454, or will it only work for small blocks and I6s?
3. How does the glove box insert stay on? My cardboard insert broke, so I ordered a new one but can't figure out how it stays in there.
4. When I use my heat, it smells like motor oil...like, if you opened up a new jug of oil and took a whiff, that's what it smells like...which makes no sense. Any ideas?
5. Best wiring harness for this truck? I don't care if it's one of the barebones ones for rock crawlers and stuff like that, as long as it will let me use the blower motor, my radio and my speakers, and hopefully work with a newer GM column out of like an 80's truck.
6. Anti rust treatments? Are there shops that will do them for you? My truck and I live in the rust belt now, and I refuse to let her rot away, so I have to do something to prevent that from happening.
7. Have any of y'all bought an aftermarket gas pedal that fit with relatively few modifications?
8. What windshield wiper blades do you guys use?! It absolutely drives me insane that 90% of the time, my blades will come off the arms. I just can't figure out which kind fits correctly.
9. Do any of you guys have cab lights on your trucks? Pictures? I'd really love to put some on.
Thanks for the info if y'all have some of em! And I wholly expect JonZ to see this and respond.
Read responses in 67-72chevytrucks.com