Cobb AP3 on 997.2 TTS - Small piece of Advice
quick note if helpful to other non professional end users about BATTERY CHARGER AMPERAGE necessary during the ECU flash
- the standard Ctek or Porsche battery charger did not suffice for the Cobb Accessport flash (it did not in my case, can't opine more generally than that).
- My ECU Flash was interrupted between steps - after the ECU backup step and before the actual flashing with a "Can't Connect/Wrong way street sign graphic" error while car on the the 5Amp CTek. New CPO Car with Dealer stated new battery last month but who knows.
Cobb was super helpful and attentive and in the end provided all the support to get past this short term annoyance
SOLUTION seems to ensure that you connect a 10AMP to 15AMP batter charger. No Less but also no more (risks to ECU mentioned by Cobb)
Suggestions (to Cobb)
- can you include this as a pre-flight step to the Quick Start or Documentation - i believe you are planning to do so in next reprinting
- any chance the "Can't Connect" Accessport error can be customized to point to the Electrical charge/load/amp test failure as opposed to a data connection issue?
- can you ensure that all the support team narrows to a consistent answer on BC Amperage? My first call was "anything over 10A will work", then Call2 "Nope, 10A to 12A, don't get the 15A it may harm" then finally Call3 "10A to 20A" which allowed me to go back and buy the retail 15A from Call 2.
Small hickup perfectly handled in the end by Cobb (profs/tuners probably already know all this - so value only to end muppets like me)
Too much snow in Northeast to push the car but first drive was full of smiles.